Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Something Borrowed

You scream out like a sugar high.
With your palms to the ground we'll feel them cave in around us.
Keep calm they can smell you sweating from miles away.
There's a musty basement feeling to these emotions.
Dust me off or put me away.
Slice your ankles on the way up.

You're trailing glitter like a hand grenade.
With small slivers in your fingertips you touch my shaking skin.
Please don't pull away, the second I wake the light eats my eyes.
You eat me like the hounds I fear.
You fill me with a yearning.

Stars can't appease us when galaxies set fire to our bed.
The electric has been turned off and I'm freezing to death.
Floating upstream.
There are cat's eyes all on me.
Burning holes in the silk dress you bought for me.
Walk me down the aisle.

-Saree McClaran

No comments:

Post a Comment