Monday, April 6, 2015

222 B

Songs that somehow saved your life back then, somehow saving your life again through nostalgia that you aren't interested in tasting.
Bringing you to your knees, remembering lives passed.
You knocked on the glass so gently, you wrote letters and put them in hands that could no longer feel. Lungs that could no longer breathe.
Spinning chairs and steel caged spider webs, the people here, weren't there back then.
I went through a period of time where I was crawling at warp speed,
eating circus colors as they lay in my head to drown the emotions I was hiding.
You want to disclose my past, then maybe you should know it first.
Dreams that told the future, too late, just in time.
Just like when I met you, but it was worth something then,
a life worth saving, when I would have given mine.
My friend, whom I wrote to even after passing.
Who shook me through dreams years after.
The only one who has ever returned, How did I attribute you to this?
Revisiting these years back and tearing pieces out of journals to swallow it all down.
Every single year.
I lay back down in that attic. I am sitting in that park. I am flooded with the phone calls of things I could not answer, and I'm yelling our favorite songs in your room.
The voltage that hit us all and we scattered like rats,
I've still never been able visited your grave, our childhoods are in there with you, forever.


r.i.p. Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment