Wednesday, July 1, 2015

And the moon was drawn.


Reaching hands like warm glowing lights through dark blue.
And you catch me every time.
Every time, it's you.
I make nests in colored strands of hair and you cover me in soft fur.
We stare at the sky and count each constellation.
Eyes meet, without words a soul's consolation.
You're always welcome here if you want to stay.
Whispering into winds at night,
words I swore I wouldn't say.
And the moon is drawn.
Her bony white fingers coming down to pull my hair.
I told you, girl, be strong.
Spoken in a soft french accent and she sits upon my bed.
Pulling dark energy out of my mouth and from my head.
Dragging up the wall and in the shadows she stands tall.
I can not speak so she does through me,
Paralyzed through sleep.
In dreams, I'm guided. Safety of surrender.
To her bidding.
And the moon was drawn.

07012015
S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment