Friday, July 29, 2016

April 2016.

I think too highly of people. I create worlds for them,
weave them webs.
Then carefully place food down to nourish them.
I pet their hair and kiss foreheads goodnight.
I pull down stars and I protect with every fiber of my being.
I stand strong when they lash out, I hold their arms as they slice my chest open.
I stare into eyes that glaze over to keep me out.
I speak truths,

I
reinvented
time
For You.

To repay me your mouth on her mouth and a fire fades,
it rebuilds itself into something greater as I toss my ego inside.
I kicked down every single fucking wall to find you hiding,
whispering lies and you still come inside me.
I light a handful of candles to guide the truth to me.
You are everything you promised not to be.
Shaking in my stomach, and my blood is poison.
That I will purge from my wrists to fucking drown you in.
Trust broken is only earned back.
My watch is no longer yours to use,
stuck in time.

050316

No comments:

Post a Comment