Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Dreams of standing in a hall full of glass doors being instructed to be the one to ask others what sacrifices they are ready to make as I watch blue and green lights rise out from them into a large sack I am carrying.
I reach the end of the doors and am met with a small child taking a bath in a magenta clawfoot tub.
She is happy, her hair is long, she climbs out and stares into a mirror, she hands me a pair of scissors. I take her and cut her hair to above her shoulders.
The hair removed turns to thorn bushes on the floor.
My hands and bleeding.
She opens the sack I was filling and pours the blue and green into the bathtub. It glows and she instructs me into the tub.
I shake my head no and tell her "these are not my sacrifices."
She shakes her head yes.
I hesitantly climb in, clothed my dress is weighed down though its not wet. I lay in the tub and absorb. The little girl pulls the drain and as the colors spiral down it also suck the dress off of me in fragments.
I am sitting the tub nude and an older woman comes into the room.
She is smiling and feels warm.
She has scissors in her hands, she reaches over and touches my cheek as she cuts my hair.
I feel like I am filled with buzzing sounds.
I run to the mirror, I'm about six years old.

I feel the child is a representation of parts of my past that I am finally able to cleanse myself from. I feel the older woman is my wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment