Monday, May 9, 2011

surprise child

I'm at my grandmother's house, but the house is on the opposite side of the street (in waking life she lives across the street from a cemetery).
There are a bunch of little children running around playing in the flowers and rolling down the grassy hills. I'm sitting under a tree, tying one of their shoes.
One of my good friend's sisters pulls into the drive way all the children flock to her, there are 6 of them.
One by one they pile into her van, waving, I keep ringing my hands on a small soft plaid blanket.
It feels velvety. There's a little boy at the bottom of the hill sitting facing away from me.
I yell to my friend's sister jokingly "You forgot one of these kids of yours!"
My boyfriend yells out my grandmother's kitchen window at me "Not him, that one is ours."
I feel unaware, and walk toward the little boy but I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment