Friday, January 23, 2015

dream- prompted response

she was in my grandpa's chair, the room looked like it did when i was really little.
i went to the back room behind the kitchen but the kitchen was dark, i was always afraid to go in there when it was night time because i saw a half cat/wolf half man creature standing there staring at me, my grandpa never quite believed me, admittedly at least.
instead the room was a hall.
it was yellow and rounded on top like a tunnel, I stared walking down it looking for something or some one. she was standing in front of the door, knocking down crystals off the ceiling and threshold.
it reminded me of glimmering teeth being smash out of mouth, instead of blood glitter flaked down.
i asked her to move because i couldn't get out the back door into the garden.
she kept fighting me and pushing me back while smiling, i couldn't tell if she was mad, or joking, or just being mean to me.
i don't think she could either.
i remembered being in the backyard, it was an actual memory in my dream, the sun was going down so the sky was very bright oranges, i had just been watching ants scramble around all over peonies.
there was a pale yellow caterpillar with black spikeys, it looked very soft.
before i was able to reach down to pet it my grandpa ran over frantically yanking me away from it.
i thought he was being mean and he scared me.
he never told me why she would hurt me, why she would stab me in the back until the wounds were like spikes sinking into tender marinated meat.
he hair was down to the floor and her mouth was pouring out clumps of sand.
you can not do this i kept saying to her
you need to get out of my dream
you do not belong in this part of my life
you are blocking positivity from coming to me
i am not weak to you anymore
i was crying a lot and the room looked brighter pink now. i kept walking down the hall until i was outside, there was this little plastic gardening tool i got in a happy meal that came with a packet of cucumbers.
I held the seeds in my hand and felt nice that they were still there after all these years i put the packet in my pocket.

and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment