Thursday, August 20, 2015

-in dreams

I built castles in her wake.
Calling through winds for the trees did not shake.
Hiding in closets, holding golden boxes,
who has the key, why should it be me?
It's no longer locked,
baby, it's no longer locked.
I never cast her away the way she thought I did.
I just wanted to rest from all the times I hid.
I did what I had to do within the circumstances,
Don't you question the tactics of my survival,
While tearing my soul from flames I never forgot our dances.
The way your eyes shined, and before I spoke, you memorized my mind.
When hearts hold sisters a certain way,
I promised I'd come back for you one day.
The doors are open, but I'm not inside.
I'm out and about traveling where I belong, back when you met me,
and where I'll always be.
Playing hoaxes, letting them all think we died.
Opened tombs; empty, though filled with petals.
Blossom, my little darling because your mind never settles.
In the elsewhere, if you may.

82015

No comments:

Post a Comment