Saturday, April 23, 2011

Truths should be told- random chapters.

I have so many of these to add from the book, I'll someday finish.

There was a mystery I failed to investigate, instead I looked over it, for twenty two years.
I remember before and and after; I remember the dreams that have consumed me for years where I wake in panic where I've drown myself, where I am drowning, where I dream that I'm with friends that are driving and they drive into water and I can't get out of the vehicle.
I can't decipher still what is dream and what is memory because it's so vivid.
My mind keeps great detail, and the way I felt.

I stood in my kitchen and she asked me if I remembered when she tried to drown me.
Right then I watched her drowning, the look in her eyes, and the pleading, that forgiveness even Jesus could not give her, but only I could, so that she could forgive herself.
I spiraled back in my own mind.
Like a broken kaleidoscope all my colorful pieces fell back onto the floor, bouncing, breaking. Watching instead of catching the images in your hand, because they're so small they'll cut, like a tiny girl's hands in the bathtub.
Like blinding bubbles and shimmering light where Jesus happened to save me first.
In my hypocritical resentment, I melted it away and felt at peace.
"No." I replied; with partial disbelief in myself.
With complete disbelief in my current state of my mind.
Thoughts streamed through my mind for days after.

I feel baptized in my knowledge, I forgive you, because I feel it, not because I have to.

It's old folklore that witches never learn to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment