Tuesday, April 26, 2016

indigo crow

Dreamt of a giant dark indigo crow filling the sky and flying over as I hid in our tent.
You grabbed me, pulled the zipper up.
Your usually happy eyes full of fear made my heart drop.
That she may see me?
Or that I may see her?
I touched your face, but I already know.
I looked out again as her sharp beak called out.
I unzipped and walked on through a clearing to the woods.
You kept screaming my name.
You ran after lunging and tackling me to the ground as she swooped in a circle.
You had me pinned in the grass, your eyes full of love and we started falling through into some den.
You kept pulling me close, but I kept curiously wandering down these dirt tunnels where bits of sunshine shone through ancient make shift windows.
I felt comforted here.
I wrapped you in a blanket made from sunflowers we grew together.
I woke up finally feeling rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment