Sunday, April 3, 2016

Moon Shine


I slide my hands across the pavement, warmed from the early morning sun.
Waiting out the afternoon plucking blades of grass in alleyways.
Is this as close as I can get to home?
Downtown where the buildings are breathing.
I'm spiraling through into a manic dance.
Flowers echoing a pattern of resilience. Each year to return.
To grow then wilt in our beauty, to flourish from the shining warmth and the pouring rains.
I'm pouring for you again.
My roots are growing down deeply.
Reach for you to meet me, wrap you in my comforts.
A home is made in this soil and I can taste you everywhere I go.

Dusk falls in as a swaying maiden, skirts flowing in vibrant clouds of gradient purple hues.
She slides her hand across the pavement,
our fingertips touch, she glides a soul bearing seed into me.
Our truths will come, for you seek them so.
In order for growth, your seeds, we must sow.
In like mist, a love once had, that I have missed.
I tiptoe with graceful optimism that I can collect treasures for you in blowing winds that guides me back and forth and to you, always.
I climb up like the soft night, guided by stars and all that is ours.
Into trees to over see rivers where you swim freely.
It's all relative in discovery, a season's being.
Pointing out constellations, the first time you breathed life into me, will not be the last.
The moon shines and reflects, its face on to yours.

S.M.
040316

No comments:

Post a Comment