Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dream: Need Music


I've been having a difficult time remembering my dreams lately (understandably so being all the changes my waking life is taking part in). So, this was last night.

I'm walking through downtown where I live, but things are brighter, cleaner,
the grass between houses, between side walks is bright and healthy.
I'm at a party like atmosphere with a few people I don't think seem too familiar.
The one girl has longer dark hair she feels like I'm close to her, a companion type.
Then there is a blonde girl. She's for some reason irritating me and I don't want to be around her. I say that I'm going for a drive and ask my brunette friend if she'd like to join...
and the blonde girl seems to be just following us along.
She asks if she can drive us instead.

I don't want them to know I'm irritated so I shrug and let her.
I'm in the back seat looking out the window, the trees are flashing by in blurs,
it's dusk out now, and we end up right where we started.
I'm thinking in my dream how desperately I want to listen to music and just go home and dance by myself.
I step out of the car and there is water pouring out of a spout, I get this feeling like I'm wasting time and need desperately to just be away.

The blonde girl is talking to the brunette girl about how I'm acting so strange.
I pause trying to keep my mouth shut, but then I say
'I don't want to be around anyone, that I'm irritable and when people talk about me it's making me feel worse'
She goes into the house, my brunette friend stares at me, like I'm completely out of line,
she tells me that if I want to be alone so badly then maybe I should leave.

I don't feel upset by this, or seem to be phased at all, she goes in and closes the door.
And I am upset because my headphones are in her house...
and I can't listen to music on my walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment