Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We used to be as fresh as Summer, but now we're just the sweat drenched sheet after the nightmare.
I used to reach out, but my my hands are dropped to my sides.
My shadow used to stretch across the warmth of the sidewalk just to be close to you.
I used to get this anxious grin creeping over my face whenever I'd see you,
and now you just leave the room... me standing on my own.
There's a barrier in the place that I call home, and I refuse to live this way.
You push and push until I'm on the ground. I stare up asking questions with my eyes.
Answered by my own heart. You said not to worry, that we'd be alright.
I believe now that was something you just were hoping to believe on your own.
Flashing that you can leave as you please in my face when I'm in need...
You expect me to beg? When all I can think, is, not if I do first...
I see you trying to climb the wall you just built in between us...
but I'm not going to meet you half way, not this time.



Saree McClaran
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment