Monday, November 4, 2013

She does a little curtsey with honey dripping from her lips.
Tapping against her indigo voice with her finger tips.
Eyes are vacant but that shell holds more light than you know.
Why have you been asleep so?
What have I been channeling?
With a blink, and in slow motion, heads turn.
All snakes shed their skin, but words have stung and sink right in.
Weapons with a tongue, and you're not the only one.

I built this house single handedly as you sat idly by.
So why are you so surprised when I am kicking down the walls.
Wings broken, mended... I did try!
As I plucked feathers, one by one, each quill filled with a poison,
a hand out reached and she pulled down the sun.
Why are you crying so hard now, girl?
Left you on the down and out?

She does a little dance with a grin on her face.
Karma leads me in repeated journeys until I get out of the same old place.
Counting rocks I've left my signature on; then casting them all out.
Did the waves wash you in again, girl?
Debris of your hull, and it's on your face again, find your place again.

On the up and up.
String of your little balloon.
Wrapped around a finger, then let it free.
Why have you been asleep so?
What have you been channeling to me?

-Saree McClaran
Nov 11th 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment