Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Hidden Passages

I held you up to kiss suns you would have never witnessed otherwise.
And now I tuck them into silken blankets alone at night.
I gently handed you stars that I collected over lifetimes, kept in delicately threaded sachets.
You needn't return the trinkets that make my heart full.
I want to watch as your eyes still shine from the ventures you've had.
In hope of futures with us.
You have feats to conquer that I'm unable to aide you in.
I have crossed over into gates that do not unlock to go backwards and I've been bruising my body trying to reopen them for you to continue on in.
On your time.
Just know I've broken all the watches in this world for you and no clock hands can untie the knots that sew our hearts together.
A bond, that was there before we ever met eyes.
One that tosses colorful fabric into the sky to project the sunset, just as we will again rise.
That lays down in the grass to warm it as our bodies have.
Our hands still reach to each other without thought and my fingers still yearn to run across your arm as you lay next to me.
I smile silently as I feel you kiss my forehead in mornings where the sun climbs in the window after its hidden rendezvous.
I still breathe you in when you hold me close, like a flower, you water me.
I let you do these things.
My keys are still in your pocket.
Find me when the sun sets over june and the fields are lush.
We'll run as far away as you need, where the rabbits hide in their dens.
I'll show you all the secret places that I know.

Saree McClaran
050316

No comments:

Post a Comment